Photo from ZG1 – Mighty Mouse is back in action again!
Ready or Not, here comes Zone Games 6!!!! We have 27 competitors for this event. It is going to be a great time for athletes and spectators. The Programming committee: May Flower, Adam “Abzilla” Giles and Angry Kitten have put together a great test of fitness for the athletes as well as a crowd pleasing event for the spectators.
Make sure to bring your cameras!
What do I need to bring for Sunday?
- All shoe types: running, lifting, CrossFit, etc.
- Shorts, long socks, tank top/t-shirt, hoodie, long pants, and a change of clothes for the BBQ if you want
- Skipping rope, wrist straps, gymastics straps, tape, puke bucket, or anything you personally need for wodding
- Towel if you are wanting to shower after the event
- Snacks and post recovery meal for after workout. The BBQ will be fired up after the event. There will be snacks throughout the day. Feel free to bring anything that you want to share with the group
1st Event – Meet at Central Middle school
- 7:30 am – meet at the Box if you need a ride to the event
- 7:45 am – judges/volunteers at school for setup
- 8:00 am – wod details explained to athletes
- 8:30 am Heat 1: Emily S, Lindsee T, Mark E, Jeff T, Dave S, Parker, Joss
- 8:45 am Heat 2: Tara, Emily I, Katie M, Adrianna, Alex, Mike K, Cam M, Craig, Jon, Sean
- 9:00 am Heat 3: Billie-Jane, Jo-Ani, Lindsay M, Caitlin, Jackie, May, Mike S, Teej, Greg
Voluteers – please make sure to get to event 1 at 7:45am at the latest to make sure you get all the details for the first event. Please make sure to review the standards handed out to you of the workouts.
2nd Event – At the Box
- 10:45 am Event 2 review (Novice)
- 11:00 am Heat 1: Emily S, Lindsee T, Mark E, Jeff T
- 11:20 am Event 2 review (Intermediate)
- 11:30 am Heat 2: Tara, Emily I, Katie M, Billie-Jane, Jo-Ani
- 11:50 am Event 2 review (Advanced)
- 12:00 pm Heat 3: Dave S, Parker, Joss, Mike K, Cam M, May
- Following right behind Intermediate men: Lindsay M, Caitlin, Jackie, Adrianna, Alex C
- 12:30 pm Heat 4: Mike S, Teej, Greg, Craig, Jon, Sean
3rd Event – At the Box
- 12:50 pm Event 3 review (Novice)
- 1:00 pm Heat 1: Emily S, Lindsee T, Mark E, Jeff T
- 1:20 pm Event 3 review (Intermediate)
- 1:30 pm Heat 2: Tara, Emily I, Katie M, Billie-Jane, Jo-Ani
- 2:00 pm Heat 3: Dave S, Parker, Joss, Mike K, Cam M, May
- 2:20 pm Event 3 review (Advanced)
- 2:30 pm Heat 4: Lindsay M, Caitlin, Jackie, Adrianna, Alex C
- 3:00 pm Heat 5: Mike S, Teej, Greg, Craig, Jon, Sean
Wrap up – At the Box
4:00 pm – Tally up the scores, tie breaker events, Awards and BBQ!
- Novice Men & Woman combined 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Intermediate Woman 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Intermediate Men 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Advanced Woman 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Advanced Men 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Buy In – 3 x 10 handstand pushups
WOD – “Bar Star“
5 rounds of:
5 Snatch Grip Dead lift (65 /95)
5 Power snatch
5 Overhead squat
Complete 5 burpees EMOTM
Zone 4 – rx weight for 3 rounds
Zone 3 – scale to 55/75lbs
Zone 2 – scale weight as needed
Zone 1 – scale rounds as needed
If you are competing this weekend, just use an empty barbell and focus on technique. See how you feel after 3 rounds.
Cash Out – MWOD
* Full Body stretch
* Roll out those angry bits!