So many of us struggle with making healthy changes to our diets because we miss the texture of bread, muffins, scones, and other bakery snacks. I am one of those people!
Being successful in a new healthy lifestyle is highly dependent on being prepared, so if you have healthy options ready to go, you’ll be more likely to stay the course and make decisions you can feel good about (physically and mentally).
It does not have to take all your time to prepare these healthy snacks, either. With the recipe below, you can even make a big batch and freeze them for the future. They’ll be there ready and waiting to just pop in the toaster oven when you need a bread-like treat! (original post by Alma Schnieder) It is not too late to register for the Whole Life Challenge. Join our Team Crossfitzone Today.
- 2/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates, chopped
- 1 2/3 cup cashew or almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, mashed banana, cooled coconut oil or softened butter, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add cacao nibs, nuts, and chopped dates.
- Spoon batter into 2-3 tbsp lumps onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is compliant on Kickstart, Lifestyle, and Performance.
Workout of the Day
Skill Practice Warm Up: Each minute on the minute for 4 minutes perform 40s of jump rope or double unders.
Strength: 6 x 2 Squat Clean – 14 of 14, same weight across, approximately 95% – or over previous max if possible!)
Super Set: 6 x 4 Strict HSPU (or progressions), “across,” scale to the same challenge
Metabolic Conditioning: “Open 13.4“
7 minute AmRep
3 clean and jerks
6 clean and jerks
9 clean and jerks
12 clean and jerks
Etc. (Keep going up in the same pattern until the time runs out).
Scaling Guide: 3-5 Rounds (40-90 reps),
Scale Up: 110/155 clean and jerk
Optional ‘Cash Out’: 10 hollow rocks, 15 Russian kb swings, 4 rounds