The High Peformance Pyramid. Do you have what it takes? (image courtesy of Wellness Vancouver)
Your Coaches and Apprentices want to know who among you is interested in doing the CrossFit Open competition in 2013. This is because we’re already structuring our High Performance program to field an amazing team and individuals for next year! If you are interested, now is the time to get started. We will be evaluating all the interested athletes and helping you decide what you need to work on, as well as guiding you through WODs with the purpose of being the best athlete you can be for next season.
Do you want to see what YOUR potential is? Has taking CrossFit to the next level and seeing where you can be for the 2013 Open competition peaked your interest? If you participate in this High Performance program, by no means are you locked in to having to compete when the time comes. But… if you just want to work out with some of the top athletes in the Zone, be sure to come out to our Advanced class on Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
If this sounds like something for you, please contact Deanna by email at email@example.com
* Interested athletes need to have a basic understanding of technique and movement to attend HP sessions. The feedback in the class is based on advanced technique, not basic cues (ie. not simple things like keep your back straight, keep your knees out.). If you are unsure whether you fit this criteria, please ask your Coach.
Buy In – EMOTM complete 1 Overhead Squat for 15 minutes
* You want to be training at 60% of your 1RM and higher
* Increase weight throughout the rounds. You can stay at the same weight for more than one round, if need be.
* change up the weights for your next rep in the remainder of the minute.
* You are welcome to use a rack, but may have to share with someone else. You both must complete the rep in the minute time frame.
WOD - “Speedracer”
3 Rounds for time:
50 Double unders
* 15 minute time cap *
Games Prep – upgrade to ring pushups
Zone 3 – scale double reps
Zone 2 – scale double to 3:1 singles, scale to knee pushups
Zone 1 – scale as needed
Cash Out – 3 attempts of max L-sit