Congratulations to Kelly Phillips for winning the draw for last week’s Sleep challenge. Kelly will receive a two week Yoga pass from Synergy Health and Wellness
Running is the most primal workout you have. You own it completely. It requires no equipment and can be done anytime, anywhere. You can begin running right now. It is a workout that is written into your bones, your joints, your muscles and your DNA. Your body has been designed meticulously to run since the time when we became human beings. Being someone who can run is being someone who is complete master and owner of their fitness destiny.
Your Bonus Challenge for Week 4 is to RUN for 10 minutes every day next week. What does that mean? It means that every day, starting on Monday, you will practice the art of running for at least 10 minutes every day.
- Your Bonus Challenge running must be done separate from any running you do in a regular workout. So, if you do four 400m runs in a WOD, that does not count as your running for the day. Your running time must be by itself, and dedicated to running only.
- Your 10 minutes of weekly challenge running can count as your workout for the day, as long as you accomplish 10 continuous minutes of running. So, when you do your 10 minutes of weekly challenge running you are covered for both your weekly challenge requirement and your workout for the day if you choose.
- You may count a warm-up run before a workout as your daily running requirement as long as you are consciously practicing running, do it for 10 minutes and are not just chatting while jogging.
- Your running may be either technique practice or work based (for time).
- If you physically cannot run (i.e. you are injured), you may substitute 15 minutes of vigorous walking — not strolling – for your running requirement (perhaps uphill would be nice).
Run for 10 minutes for 7 days and earn your 2 bonus points for the week (as well as the freedom to work out anytime, anywhere)!
Buy In - Get warming up as much as possible before class. Coaches take the class through a super quick warmup incorporating mobility. (Max 10 minutes). Coaches will do a quick demo of the movements before setting you loose.
If you need to learn technique, this will happen during the WOD portion.
WOD – “CrossFit Total“
Compare to September 26, 2011
You will be attempting 1RM’s in the following movements. You will get 3 attempts per movement and you will have 12 minutes to complete those attempts. I know this may not result in a “true” 1RM but this is CrossFit, so you have to do your best with what you get!
For more info on the CrossFit Total: http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/52-2006_CFTotal.pdf
- Back Squat
- Shoulder Press
For the Back Squat, you will have 2 spotters – 1 on each side of the bar to assist you if you start to fail.
Zone 2 – practice 5×5 of each exercise
Zone 1 – scale as needed
Cash Out- 50 burpees for time