Who is excited for this workout?!
This is such a great workout to build up your conditioning as well as rep speed in the barbell movements.
- Loading – based on your weakest movement of the 3. Choose no more than 50% of 1RM
- Form – Not letting form degrade more than 10-20%
- Recovery – reps completed in 8 seconds or less to allow 7 + seconds recovery in each interval
- Keep the core tight/engaged while picking up the bar, doing reps and putting it down
- The goal of the workout is to complete all the reps in all the sets rather than loading. If new to the movements and technique doesn’t allow you to complete all 3 reps in the interval, decrease to 2 reps.
- If you completed all intervals with 3 reps the last time you did the workout, add weight.
Workout of the Day
:15 Jumping Jack
:15 Mountain Climber
:15 Jumping Squats
Front rack mobility – overhead with external rotation bias – 2 min per side
Front Squat 5 x 3 E2M
Power Clean & Jerk
E15 x 3 reps x 16 intervals
1:00 rest between sets
RX – choose a load heavier than last time
Zone 3- 50% of 1RM
Zone 2 – 40% of 1RM
Zone 1 – scale to 2 reps, technique focus
Roll out hamstrings and low back
Hip flexor stretch with banded distraction