Image courtesy of PaleOMG
Are you chipping away diligently at a Paleo diet, and finding it hard not to be able to eat all your favourite indulgent foods? We know it can be a big challenge to give up treats, but take heart; you can still eat them! You just have to get creative with the ingredients…
(BTW, I stole this from the lovely Kath Brandsma, but I know she won’t mind at all. )
Here’s a recipe you have absolutely GOT to try from PaleOMG:
Coconut Klondike Bites
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut cream concentrate or homemade coconut butter.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 bag (10 oz) of dark chocolate chips
- Place shredded coconut, coconut cream concentrate, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt into a food processor and blend until you get a slightly chunky texture.
- Place silicone liners into your muffin tin. If you don’t have silicone liners, use regular paper muffin liners.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out about 2 tablespoons worth of coconut mixture and place into your muffin tins. Press down until flat.
- Once all your muffins liners are filled, melt your chocolate.
- Either place chocolate into a bowl and into the microwave to heat for 30 seconds, then stir, and repeat until chocolate is melted but not burnt. OR use a double boiler to melt down your chocolate. Microwave is easier for lazy people.
- Use a spoon once again to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of chocolate and pour onto your coconut cups until the coconut is completely covered. Repeat on all your coconut cups.
- Place in freezer for about 20 minutes or until chocolate is frozen.
- These will be very hard so you may need to let one sit for a couple minutes at room temperature before biting in. Or break your tooth… Whatever suits your fancy!
- Keep in fridge or freezer to help with chocolate melting.
- Eat and be merry!
Happy noshing, folks!
Buy In – 5 x 5 Back Squat E3M
Increase weight each set
Zone 1 – keep the weight light/moderate and focus on technique
WOD – “Ninja”
Compare to January 30th, 2012
5 Rounds for individual time:
3 Muscle Ups
10 Push Press 95/135lbs
*2 min rest in between rounds. Score is your fastest round added to your slowest round time
Zone 4 – Scale Muscle ups with a rubber band
Zone 3 – Scale MU’s to 9 chinups and 9 ring dips, scale push press to 75/105lbs
Zone 2 – Scale MU’s to 9 assisted chinups and 9 pushups, scale push press as needed
Zone 1 – Scale as needed
Cash Out – Roll out those shoulders! Stretch the shoulders as needed with the 5 way shoulder stretch