Photo courtesy of CrossFit.com
At the end of January, we concluded our very first Skill of the Month! A bunch of Zoners completed the pushup challenge, and the results are in. Congrats to everyone who got a PR on their pushups! Here are some stats from your Max Pushup tests:
Highest Max Pushups (Male) – Tom J.
Highest Max Pushups (Female) – Lindsay M.
Most improvement (Male) – Steve S. (by 9 reps)
Most improvement (Female) – Heather C. (by 9 reps)
Average increase of pushups total – 5 reps
Way to go team! For February’s Skill of the Month, we’re looking forward to see what you can do with your Ring Dips! Be sure to add Ring Dips into your warm-up so you get lots of practice before we re-test them at the end of the month. Good luck, folks!
Q.O.D – Did you enjoy testing and retesting your Pushups? What do you want the March Skill to be? Have you been practicing your dips for the month of February?
Buy In – Squat snatch technique
* with a light to moderate weight, work through 15-20 perfect reps
* focusing on hitting full extension of the hips and pulling under the bar FAST!
* 15 minutes max
WOD – “Row Box”
4 Rounds for time:
15 KB Swings (35/55)
Zone 2: Scale KB to 20/35
Zone 1: scale as needed
3 x 10 reps of Toes to Bar, Knees to Elbows or handstand Pushups
* If the class is larger than 8, half the class will work on the second part of the workout and then switch.
Cash Out – MWOD
* Partner hamstring stretch against the wall
* Partner shoulder external rotation stretch on the floor (partner holds shoulders down)
* Partner Psoas stretch