Back by popular demand, we will be hosting the CrossFit gymnastics trainer course! It will take place on September 14, 2013 at the pembroke location.
Here is a little bit more about the course:
At the CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Course, Coach Tucker or one of his Tier One coaches will delve into basic, intermediate and advanced gymnastics forms in a lecture setting followed by practical application. Our goal in this course is to aid CrossFitters in using gymnastics for strength development, core control, spatial awareness and WOD progressions.
Handouts and other material will be e-mailed to you prior to the course date.
You will be taught a wide variety of foundational movements and techniques, including these and others:
- Basic strength: development for disadvantaged leverage and basic strength prowess for gymnastics movement.
- Parallette work: handstands, L-sits, stretching, core control, handstand push-ups, scalability of basic and intermediate movements, spotting, range-of-motion/extreme range of motion training.
- Rings: core-training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron-cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle-ups and muscle-up drills, self-spotting techniques, kips, handstands, and conditioning.
- Bar variations: handstands, back levers, skin the cats, L-sit pull-up variations, stretching, kipping swings, spotting techniques, bar muscle-ups, scalability of all movements.
- Handstands: handstand push-ups, handstand forward rolls, balance work, presses to handstands, L-sits to handstands. You will be taught how to spot and scale these foundational elements for WODs and newbies, and you will learn hand placement, core control, strength development, planches (progressions on floor, rings and paralettes).
You need to bring athletic attire and an adventurous attitude!
you do not need your crossfit level 1 trainers course to participate. If you would like to attend please register here.
Workout of the Day
Warmup – Mobility before class
AMRAP: 5 Minutes for quality reps w/ an Empty Barbell
Hang Clean @ knee
Pause Clean (at knee) EMOTM for 30 Minutes
– Work up in weight
* that is a SQUAT clean 😉
Cash Out – EMOTM for 10 minutes: