Here is another great recipe from the Whole Life Challenge archives for those of you who need a treat now and then. The good news is no added sugar and they are tastey!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together with fork the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed for about one minute or until well combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean (unless it hits a blueberry).
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Compliant on Lifestyle, Kickstart, and Performance levels.
Workout of the Day
Skill Practice Warm Up: fun game
Strength: 5×1 deficit deadlift – 4 of 14, same weight across, approximately 65 – 75% of max
Super Set: 5×5 strict weighted ring dip (or progressions), “across,” scale to the same challenge
Metabolic Conditioning: “Diane”
For time (21-15-9 reps)
Kipping Handstand Push-ups
Performance: 155/225 lbs
Athletic: 135/185, 1 abmat 15-12-9
Health: 95/135, db shoulder press 15-12-9
Alternate variation “Pirate Diane”: row 15-12-9 Cal instead of 21-15-9 Deadlifts
Scaling Guide: 4 – 9 minutes.
Scale Up: 4/2″ deficit HSPU and 185/275 deadlifts
Optional ‘Cash Out’: 16 suitcase lunge steps, 15 wall ball, 3 rounds